Balmain Open Day
2024 dates coming soon
Situated in the heart of Balmain and Lilyfield, ISMS is the perfect place for your child to learn and grow. Our highly experienced educators, nurturing community and beautiful spaces allow your child to develop a love of learning that they carry for a lifetime.
Established in 1981, ISMS offers authentic, Montessori education programs from birth to 12 years of age. Beginning at birth, our Montessori-based infant community and parent-toddler programs support the growth and development of children from 0-3 years. From 3-5 years, ISMS delivers a child-centered Montessori Preschool program.
As a NESA accredited Primary School, we provide holistic, Montessori Education for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. At each level, our classes focus on the intrinsic learning and independence of the whole child, aligning each child’s intellectual growth with their social development.
“Our children are now both in Stage 2. The focus on developing independence, ability to make choices, to work with a range of children, navigate social situations and emotional intelligence, to lead, collaborate, to pursue areas of interest, plan your own schedule within limits are all skills the school works on fostering everyday in the children. The academic learning is deep and relevant to the world and our kids love going. The staff are wonderful – caring, supportive and highly skilled and we are delighted our kids have this opportunity“
Come along, meet our Director’s and explore how we:
- Help children achieve their maximum potential by harnessing their natural need and desire to learn;
- Develop lifelong learners;
- Create an environment that stimulates the child’s curiosity;
- Nurture the individual educational needs of each child;
- Foster opportunities for students to develop a sense of self.
Register your interest today!
Use the form below to register your interest, or alternatively arrange a private tour.
Topics our tours cover:
- What our classrooms look like and why they nurture your child’s learning;
- A “day-in-the-life” of our students;
- A chance to meet current families and hear why they love ISMS;
- Our nurturing, child-centred community focuses on mutual respect, individuality and independence;
- How our highly experienced, dedicated staff build collaborative, respectful and meaningful relationships with your child/ren;
- Our focus on your child/ren, their inner drive, and their uniqueness.