Montessori Primary Teacher
Montessori Primary Teacher
(Full Time and Part Time Positions available – Stage 2 and 3: Ages 6 -12)
Are you an experienced, motivated, passionate and fully qualified teacher in Primary Education with a passion for Montessori philosophy? If so, you may be the person we are looking for! We welcome applications from interstate and overseas, with visa sponsorship and relocation arrangements on offer.
Established in 1981, Inner Sydney Montessori School (ISMS) is a leading provider of Montessori education for children from birth through to completion of primary school. Our vision is to provide a comprehensive and authentic Montessori education which allows each child the freedom to discover themselves, develop their whole being and embrace the joy of learning, that extends well beyond the classroom.
We currently have full-time and part-time positions available to work within our 6 – 12 program, for a Montessori teacher looking to progress further in their career. We’re looking for a qualified educator who will ignite the flame of learning and nurture our children’s natural curiosity of the world around them, instilling a passion of continuous growth and development that lasts a lifetime.
The ideal teacher will:
- Have a passion for Montessori education and a strong desire to work within a collaborative, authentic Montessori environment;
- Support the child in their development by working alongside them and their family, using effective communication and understanding;
- Develop strong, nurturing relationships with the children based on respect and trust;
- Have high motivation for achieving excellent standards of education with strong and demonstrable knowledge and understanding of curriculum and child development, with the ability to use a range of teaching techniques and materials;
- Have the ability to supervise and guide student teachers and interns;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A recognised Primary Teaching degree approved by the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA);
- A reputable and Australian recognised 6 – 12 Montessori diploma;
- Ability to obtain a WWCC (Working with Children Check);
- A relevant First Aid Certificate and Child Protection training, as approved by NESA, or willingness to obtain;
- COVID-19 Australian recognised double vaccination certificate.
What we offer:
- Attractive salary in accordance with the MEA plus 17.5% annual leave loading;
- Ongoing, extensive training and development programs;
- Staff discounts (OOSH, school fees and local health centres);
- Close-knit and dedicated team; and
- Numerous wellbeing programs including daily meditation.
If this sounds like you then we’d LOVE to hear from you! Please direct applications, including a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 20 July 2022.
We will be contacting suitable applicants immediately, so early applications are welcome and encouraged. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ISMS will also keenly consider applications from trained teachers, willing to work in a support role, in order to begin a pathway to Montessori training with potential sponsorship for study.
We’re very proud of our school. For more information on working at ISMS, please visit https://www.isms.nsw.edu.au/careers/ or give us a call to arrange a visit. We’d love to meet you.
* Salary is determined in accordance with the Independent Schools NSW/ACT Standards Model (Teachers) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021 and ranges from $82,587 – $120,000, with additional leadership allowance, where relevant. (Or pro-rata for a part-time position)